About this Site
This website is produced and maintained by the Council of the Hong Kong Laureate Forum (“the HKLF”).
Unless otherwise indicated, all materials on this website are subject to copyright of the HKLF.
Permission is required in adopting, reproducing or redistributing photographs, graphics, and audio, video and other materials on this website. Please send your request to email@example.com.
Visitors are permitted to download, print, make copies of and distribute all other information on this site for personal or educational purposes, subject to the following conditions:
- the copy or copies made must not be for sale or commercial purpose;
- the materials must be reproduced accurately; and
- the source of the materials must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged.
Please note that this prohibition and exception only applies to the HKLF copyright materials. Where third party copyright is involved, permission to use such materials such as redistribution and reproduction must be obtained from the copyright owners concerned.
The information provided by the HKLF on this website is for reference only. Whilst the HKLF endeavours to ensure the accuracy of information on this website, no express or implied warranty is given by the HKLF as to the accuracy of information.
Visitors may access other websites through links in this website and obtain information provided by other parties (collectively called "the other information"). The HKLF expressly states that it has not approved, endorsed or agreed with the other information contained in or in connection with this website. The links to other websites are provided for visitors' convenience only and the information so provided is the responsibility of the external sources concerned.
The Simplified Chinese version of this website is generated from the Traditional Chinese version with translation software. If there is any discrepancy between the two versions, the Traditional Chinese version shall prevail.
The HKLF does not accept any responsibilities for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from any cause whatsoever in connection with this website. The HKLF is entitled to delete, suspend or edit all information on this website at any time at its absolute discretion without giving any notices. Visitors are responsible for making their own assessments of all information contained in or obtained in connection with this website and are advised to verify such information by making reference to its original publication and obtain independent advice before acting on it.
Web Accessibility Conformance Statement
This website adopts web accessibility design and conforms to the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA standard. Should you have any enquiries or comments on its accessibility, please contact us by phone or email.
Telephone : (852)2905 6507
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The HKLF is committed to ensure that all personal data provided to the HKLF and submitted through the website and/or form(s) of the HKLF are handled in accordance with the relevant principles and requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. As such, we would ensure compliance by our staff with the highest standards of security and confidentiality.
Kinds of Personal Data Collected
The scope of personal data requested from you may vary depending on the type of actions performed or to be performed through our website. In general, they may include some or all of the following:
- Full name, Title, Gender, Nationality, Date and Place of birth;
- Passport and/or Hong Kong Identity Card details;
- Correspondence Address, Contact Phone Number, Email Address;
- Academic and Research Background, Academic Status and Results, Resume Details, Research, Award and Publication Details;
- Photographs; and
- Records of visits to HKLF website.
Use of Personal Data
The personal data collected may be used for the following purposes or other directly-related purposes:
- E-newsletter distribution;
- Marketing and promotion;
- As basis for selection of participants in activities organized wholly or jointly by HKLF;
- Managing application account and processing application, including identification of possible multiple applications;
- Verifying applicants’ identity, qualifications and academic records;
- Obtaining records of applicants’ studies and scientific activities at schools / institutions / universities;
- Collating statistical information relating to the applicants to assist the HKLF in the management and administration of its programmes and other activities;
- Facilitating communications between applicants and the HKLF;
- Processing the enrollment in Forum programmes, event registration;
- Processing the arrangement for Forum related administration including but not limited to accommodation, visa document, transportation, insurance, business card printing, etc.;
- Processing the arrangement for Forum related programmes including but not limited to meetings, repasts, visits, etc.;
- Managing alumni affairs; and
- Compilation of statistical reports and the diagnosis of problems or concerning computer systems to help the HKLF improve the presentation, layout and contents of the website.
Security of Personal Data
The HKLF has been taking all reasonable steps to ensure that personal data supplied to the HKLF are protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure or other uses. All personal data provided to the HKLF, by any means including via this website, are secured, and access to them is restricted to authorized personnel only. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security at all times.
Retention of Personal Data
Application data (except name, title, nationality, contact information, academic level and affiliated university or organisation) of unsuccessful applicants will be erased as soon as practicable and, in any event, in one year after closure of the Forum, or activity, as the case may be.
Personal data (name, title, nationality, contact information, academic level and affiliated university or organisation) will be kept by the HKLF in a confidential manner for 7 years, unless the retention is governed by legislation or it is in the public interest not to erase the data, for the purposes such as (1) identify re-application and (2) conduct statistical analysis, research, surveys and review.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
You are entitled to request for access to personal data held by the HKLF about you, and to correct, amend or delete such data, if necessary. You may also object to the processing or transferring of your personal data if you have legitimate reasons to do so. The HKLF may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of such requests.
During application period, correction of personal data can be performed via the Online Application Platform. After that, any data access and correction request according to the Ordinance should be made by completing the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Data Access Request Form and sending it to email@example.com.
In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.