Who may apply?
- Aged 35 or below
- Undergraduates (Enroll in Undergraduate programme as at 15 November 2021)
- Postgraduates (Enroll in Postgraduate programme as at 15 November 2021)
- PhD Graduates (Awarded PhD degree on or after 15 November 2016)
in Astronomy, Life Science and Medicine, Mathematical Sciences or other closely related subjects may apply to join the Forum.
(Not limited to research work in universities, institutions and industry; individual researchers could also be considered.)
When to apply?
Open application is available from 14 September 2020 (00:00 HKT) to 13 December 2020 (23:59 HKT).
How to apply
Open application can be done through the Online Application Platform which will be available starting on 14 September 2020 (00:00 HKT) at the HKLF website.
- Scientific Review Committees under the three disciplines, namely Astronomy, Life Science and Medicine, and Mathematical Sciences will review all valid applications.
- Scientific Review Board will then select the final 200 applicants to join the Forum.
- Hotel Accommodation – for Non-Hong Kong Permanent Residents studying / working outside Hong Kong;
(The HKLF may consider offering partial or full financial support on transportation to successful applicants with financial difficulty. Subject to the final decision of the HKLF.)
- Travel Cost (subject to a financial ceiling) – for Hong Kong Permanent Residents studying / working outside Hong Kong
- Cost of the HKLF arranged programmes, meals, transportation, tours, visits and cultural experience activities in the Forum will be covered – for all participant
- March – April 2021
- All applicants, whether successful or not, will receive email notification.
- Hong Kong Science Park (main venue)
- Other Hong Kong’s landmarks
English (for both application platform and event)
For further information, please go to FAQ for Young Scientists